Chapter II Payment item
Article 1 Annual payment item
After receiving the admission letter, freshmen need to pay the full tuition fees of the first year. The ways of the payment are depending on the student, such as transfer money, pay cash, etc. The tuition fees for each year should be paid at the end of the previous school year within the university specified time. The students should pay full year tuition fee according to the duration of schooling system. This payment is included in the tuition fee income.
The freshman should pay the annual cost of accommodation on the second day of enrollment according to the type of dormitory; old students should pay the annual cost of accommodation within the university specified time at the beginning of each school year. The students who live out off campus no need pay the dorm fee. This payment is included in the dormitory fee income.
3. Textbook fee
At the beginning of each semester, the students need to pay a certain amount of textbook fee according to the course set of the semester; special practice teaching fee: the animal feeding expense of the MBBS students do experiments and the oral materials expense of the dental students in class. The teaching office will count the budget according to the curriculum requirements in advance. The students should pay the fee within the university specified time at the beginning of each school year. This payment is included in the other charges income.
4. Supplementary fee
If the students failed to pass the exam at the end of the semester, they need to pay the supplementary fee before they attend the make-up exam.
Article 2 The extra charges (pay by university all together)
1. Registration fee
The students who apply for admission need to pay a certain amount of the registration fee according to the requirements of the Ministry of education, the money will be used for making the necessary admission materials, post fee and entrance examination and other related costs. For various reasons students are not admitted or register to the university, the registration fee will not be refunded.
2. Medical examination fee
According to the relevant provisions of the state, if the international students whose learning period more than 6 months in China, the students need go to Dalian City entry exit inspection and Quarantine Bureau for medical examination. The cost is according to the required amount of the physical examination center.
3. Insurance fee
In accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of education, if the international students whose learning period more than 6 months in China, must buy insurance, and it is one of the necessary materials of the new semester enrollment procedures. The insurance pay by the students own expense, shall not cover the outpatient medical expenses. The insurance only cover the medical expenses arising from hospitalization or accidental injury in accordance with the relevant provisions of the insurance contract. The amount of the insurance specified by the insurance company shall be paid at the beginning of each year, and the claims process shall become effective as the students start the new term.
4. Visa fee
According to the rules of Dalian security bureau, the international students have to pay the certain amount of the visa fee to deal with the residence permits and other visa.
5. Damage compensation
If there is the existence of damage of the room and need to be repaired, the compensation is depends on the maintenance list.
6. Graduation fee
For making of the graduate certificate and other related costs.
7. Textbook fee
The expenses are the students’ required books and materials of class.
8. The expenses of item 1-6 shall not be refunded; the textbook fee shall be counted before graduation or withdrawal, the remaining will be refunded.
Article 3 Deposit item
1. Guaranty fund
As a new student, the students should pay the guaranty fund to the university, mainly used for guarantee the students’ normal life in the university. If there is no phenomenon of violates the discipline or other special circumstances during the school period, the money will put into the last year’s tuition fees. This payment is included in tuition fee income.
2. Dorm deposit
The deposit is used to ensure the goods damage compensation of the students’ accommodation. If the student changes the dormitory or graduation, and the dormitory remained intact, all the money will be returned. According to the old and new buildings, the amount of deposit is different. This payment is included in the students' dormitory fee income.
3. Book deposit
The students borrow the books form the library after the library, if the books lost, damaged, and other expenses, the amount will be deducted from the deposit. If there is no special case all the money will be returned before graduation. This payment is included in the new students’ extra fee income.
Chapter Ⅲ The methods and procedure of the payment
Article 1 The way of the student payment
1.Cash (RMB) or swipe the ATM card ( the card should be opened in china) to the financial office
2. Transfer the money to the university
Article 2 The notice about transfer
1. You’d better finish the transaction before 15 days of the given time (it takes 2 weeks to arrive the university account);
2. Please remember don’t send the extra amount, the extra money by transaction won’t be refunded and will be transferred as next year tuition automatically;
3. Please don’t forget to write the students’ name, ID and passport number when you do the transaction, otherwise it is difficult to find out whose fee it is.
4. The bank of China only accept the USA Dollar if you transfer money from abroad.
Article 3 The procedure of payment
1. According to the details of the fee structure to prepare the money.
2. Select the appropriate payment methods to complete the payment on time according to the fee structure.
3. If the students pay by card or cash, need to get payment slip from the college office (307), and then take the payment slip to complete the payment at financial office (201), after that return the one original receipt and all copies of the receipts to the college office.
4. If the students pay by transfer, they can get the payment receipts from the college office. If the remittance amount is not enough, the students have to repay the difference; if there are extra money, it will be automatically transferred to the next year tuition and accommodation fee, nonrefundable; the extra payment of the graduates will be refunded when they graduate all together.
5. If the student can not complete the payment due to special reasons, they need to put forward a written application and the letter from the parents to explain about the fee holdover, and indicate the dates of payment. After the approval of the college meeting, the relevant fees shall be paid within the specified date.
6. The students who get approval about payment holdover are required to pay a certain amount of fines.
7. If the students lost the receipts, they shall pay again.
8. The college office send the arrear name list to the student’s affair administration office, and the student’s affair administration is responsible for asking the student to complete the payment.
Chapter Ⅳ Relevant regulations of the refund
Article 1 The refund of withdraw and temporary withdraw
1. If the students withdraw under the special circumstances, such as major diseases, etc, the students must submit a written application for that reason of withdrawal, the responsible person of the college will hold the meeting to discuss and make a decision. After get the approval, the student should take the application, the original payment receipt and relevant materials of proof to exceed the refund procedures. The above are indispensable materials, if there is any one of them missing, the money will not be refunded.
2. If the students withdraw, the refundable fee will include the accommodation and the deposit. If the room has any damage area, the maintenance fee will be deducted and the remaining costs will be refunded. If the amount of damage exceeds the amount of the refund, then shall make up the difference before the withdraw procedures.
3. If the students withdraw because of the personal reasons, they need to apply before the semester begins, otherwise the new semester’s tuition fee will not be refunded.
4. If the students complete the accommodation, and then withdraw due to the personal reasons, the university will count the remaining accommodation costs according to the actual period of stay by monthly, the dorm fee of the current withdraw month is not refundable. The withdraw time is depends on the university approval time in the application form. For example, the semester start date is September 1st, the student will withdraw on December 15 th, and the dorm fee is 12000 yuan / year., the remaining is 12000-12000/10*4=7200 yuan.
5. The student who has been asked to leave the university , won’t get any refund；
6. The student who doesn’t quit the university according to the procedure, won’t get any refund；
7. The student who will temporary withdraw from the university won’t get any refund, the remaining money will transfer to the semester when you come back to the university;
8. Tuition fee is non-refundable，except the special cases.
9. The university only refunds RMB.
Article 2 The refund of the remaining graduates’ money
1. The graduates will get the refund (the remaining money unused) before they leave the university such as the remaining cost of books, the deposit, extra payment, etc.
2. The graduates who come back to take the final exam and live in the campus, will be counted the accommodation fee from the students’ arrival date to the valid visa date (spring graduates until every year on January 15, autumn students due to the annual July 15).
Article3 The refund of accommodation fee
1. The student, who leaves the dorm without application, won’t get any dorm fee refund.
2. If the students complete the accommodation, and then move out due to the personal reasons, the university will count the remaining accommodation costs according to the actual period of stay by monthly, the dorm fee of the current month is not refundable. If the room has any damage area, the maintenance fee will be deducted and the remaining costs will be refunded. If the amount of damage exceeds the amount of the refund, then shall make up the difference before leave.
ChapterⅤ The regulations of delay payment
Article 1 The students must finish half year payment before the residence permit expires and complete the full tuition fee before the end of the semester.
Article 2 If the students meet the difficult event that will affect their complete the payment on time during their study, such as the factors that can not be resistance or the family economic appeared difficulty, the student should to inform the office and submit the application, get the approval of the college meeting, and then to finish the payment depends on the date which decided by the meeting, no need to pay the delay fee.
Article 3 If students can not complete the payment within the specified time by personal reasons, they must apply to the college and get approval from the university meeting, then have to finish the payment depends on the date decided by the meeting, meanwhile need to pay a certain amount of fine for delaying payment.
Article 4 The standard of the delay fee is as follows: if the student complete the payment within the five working days (include the fifth day) after the specified time because of the special circumstances, shall not pay the fine for delaying payment; The student who can complete the entire fee after the sixth working days（include the sixth day）of the specified time but within the visa application deadline will be charged 500RMB delay fee；The students who can’t pay the whole fee have to pay 10% of the balance as the delay fee, and the minimum limit for 500 yuan.
Article 5 If the student can’t finish the payment before the visa application deadline without a provable reason, meanwhile haven’t apply to the teacher before the end of the last semester (before the coming summer or winter holiday), the student will be punishment before the visa expires depends on the situation , such as warning, ordered to quit school etc.
Article 6 For the government supported students, if the money couldn’t arrive before the payment deadline of the university; the students have to pay by themselves. The scholarship sent by the students’ government will give back to the students if it arrive to the university
Chapter VI Annex
Article 1 Since the date of revision of the rules, the original relevant rules of the college which are not in conformity with this rule, have to execute according to the new rule.
Article 2 This rule applies to the economic activities of the college. This rule is explained by the college office, and the supervisor of the college is the supervisor of the financial unit.
Article 3 If the rule is not in conformity with the new policies and regulations of the higher level shall be implemented in accordance with the new policies and regulations.
Article 4 The rule will make some necessary amends according to the relevant financial system and the actual implementation.
Article 5 Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan Overseas Chinese students refer to this rule execution.
Article 6 The right of final interpretation belongs to the office of the International Education College.
International Education College
Dalian Medical University