Application Guide to Chinese Government Scholarships- Belt & Road Ph.DProgram of Dalian MedicalUniversityfor 2021
Chinese Government Scholarship-Belt and Road Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students fromBelt and Road Countriesfor graduate studies in China.Dalian Medical University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students forEnglish mediumDoctoral Programs.
1. Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens from belt and road countries in good health.
2. Hold a master's degree or above and be under the age of 40 (as of September 1,2021)
3. If applicants are immigrants from China, he or she should hold foreign passport for no less than 4 years, and have 2 year’s record of living abroad.
4. Applicants need to have an English proficiency certificate of TOFEL(above 80), or IELTS( above 5.5). For those who cannot offer the above mentioned standard English test results, can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is English, and additional oral or written English test organized by Dalian Medical University will be required to participate in.
5. Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
6. Applicants who do not obtain other scholarship for new students.
III. Academic Programs
Doctoral degree programs:
1. Chinese and western intergrated medicine
2. Clinical medicine
3. Basic medicine
DMU Ph.D’s Programs on Offer for2021 Entry:
Pleas check the major list of Chinese Government Scholarships- Belt & Road Ph.D Program of Dalian Medical University for2021 in the attachment
IV. Duration of Scholarships
Ph.D's programs: 3 years
(1) Scholarship recipients shall participate in the annual review in accordance with the relevant management regulations of the scholarships. Those who pass the review can continue to apply for or enjoy the scholarships in the next academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarships. The specific regulations and methods of the annual review shall be subject to the latest notice issued in the current year.
(2) Scholarship students should complete their study within the set length of schooling; duration for scholarship specified in the Admission Notice cannot be extended in principle.
(3) Students are not permitted, in general, to apply to change their specialties, host universities or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Letter once they agree to accept the scholarship.
V. Scholarships Quota:pending approval from China's Ministry of Education.
VI. Scholarships Coverage
1. Tuition fee;
2. On-campus accommodation fee or off-campus accommodation monetary subsidy (RMB 1000/month);
3. Living allowance (RMB 3,500/month);
4. Comprehensive medical insurance.
(1) Other expenses for study in China, such as international travel expenses, cost of physical examination, visa extension and utility costs for on-campus accommodation, and cost of course materials, should be borne by the scholarship recipients themselves.
(2) Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), the stipend will be stopped during his/her leaving.
VII. Application Period:February 1 to April 15,2021.
VIII. Application Procedure
1. Applicants shall complete online application athttps://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn (Program Category: Type B; Agency No.of DMU: 10161) and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
2. Applicants shall complete another online application athttps://dmu.17gz.org/member/login.do and upload the required documents. There is no need to mail paper application materials.
(1) Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
(2) Applicants do not need to send us hard copies of application documents. Some of the applicants will receive the interview notice informed by our schools in April. Only those applicants who have passed the preliminary evaluation of the university and are informed by our email notice around May 10th should submit us all application documents in two sets of hard copies by DHL or EMS. As for the highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript, the original document is not required, but one set of the original notarized highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript should be submitted. Whether accepted or not, the document will not be returned.
(3) Applicants are expected to keep their phones on, check their email regularly as DMU's Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
IX. Application Documents (in duplicate)
1. Compulsory Documents:
(1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（in Chinese or English, download fromhttps://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn）
(2) Application Form of Dalian Medical University（in Chinese or English, download fromhttps://dmu.17gz.org/member/login.do）
(3) Passport copy（information page, empty visa page or Chinese visa pages if have)
(4) Notarized master degree (photocopy); Prospective degree winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(5)Academic transcript in Chinese or English.
(6)A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English with a minimum of 1500 words. (must include your specific research field and content)
(7)Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
(8)A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded from http://www.campuschina.org). The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
(9)Valid English level certificate for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
(10)CV(Personal Information, Skills & Qualities, Education Background, Work Experience if possible, Languages Skills, Academic Publication if possible, etc included)
(11) Police Clearance(No Crime Record)
2. Optional Documents:
(1) Acceptance Letter from professor in DMU
(2) List of Publications, which should state impact factor and journal name, author order. Provide the copy of the papers. (for Master and PhD)
(3) Other certificates you have been awarded.
X. Selection and Notification
A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant's academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor's comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to China Scholarship Council for final approval.
The final results will be published athttps://iec.dmu.edu.cnin early August. Scholarships awardees will be notified via email. Admission Notices and Visa Application Forms for Study (JW201) will be sent out afterwards.
If applicants fail to register before the deadline for registration, their scholarship will not be reserved.
XI. Specific declaration
1. DMU won’t authorize any agent or any person to recruit the government scholarship program.
2. Applicants should apply directly to Dalian Medical University and cannot submit application document through any intermediary agencies.
3. Application is totally free.
XII. Contact information
Address: DMU’s Admissions office, West Section 9, Lvshun South Road, Dalian, Liaoning Province, P. R. China (Postcode:116044)
For University Environment, please visit https://720yun.com/t/c51jkdmOek5?from=timeline&isappinstalled=0&pano_id=3461854 (suggest use cellphone to visit)
For University Information, please visit http://english.dmu.edu.cn/
For College information, please visit http://iec.dmu.edu.cn
For supervisor information, please visit http://iec.dmu.edu.cn/gyxy/Faculty.htm